"...I can wait, like an insect. I´m always waiting."
CALL FOR SCORES
INSEKTEN _ MIKROLUDIEN
Kompass Ensemble opens a call for micro pieces for its 2020/21 season.
- works must be for violin, piano and percussion (complete set below)
- must be between 20 and 45 seconds in duration
- there is no restriction on nationality or age
- the pieces must be sent digitally to
June 30, 2020
- All works received will be performed
- The premiere is scheduled for 17.10.2020 "h(Ö)rbarium fr( )burg - INSEKTEN", Depot.K e.V. Lehenerstr.30, 79106 Freiburg (Entrance Free)
- Results will be published on our website on 15.07.2020
PERCUSSION SET: Tam-Tam, Frame Drum, Rain Stick, Singing Bowl, Log Drum, Woodblocks, Shakers, Cabasa, Guiro, Caxixi, Maracas, Kalimba, Pandero, Suspended Cymbals, Crotales (set), Vibraphone.
About the project:
we are looking for the creation of a patchwork-composition of a series of micro pieces that can be rearranged at each presentation. In addition to seeking to generate new repertoire for our instrumental combination, we want to meet new voices and generate links for future projects with composers beyond our close networks.
Kompass Ensemble was founded in November 2018 by music students Swaantje Kaiser (violin), Elena Ralli (piano), Kang-Jung Sung (percussion) and Maximiliano Soto Mayorga (artistic direction)